View Single Post
      07-23-2023, 06:50 PM   #1
SD_N55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

340i duel duty viability?

I’m thinking about trading my(new to me)2016 msport 535i with my Dad for his 2016 msport 340i. How capable is this car on track with camber plates, coil over etc(min suspension work)? What’s the max tire size that’ll fit? Braking issues? Any oiling or overheating issues with stock equipment? What’s the minimum mods for a more advanced driver? I assume it has an open ediff, how good does that work compared to a real lsd?

Any socal guys with track times that would be appreciated as well, buttonwillow, streets, willow springs chuckwalla etc. I’ve been codriving my Dads track prep’d cayman R the last couple of years(I only get out there once or twice a year) but want an idea of how much slower the cars times will be. I’d keep driving his car but always find myself holding back to avoid messing his car up.

I wanted to buy an ATS-V(budget M4) but we just bought a new house and I have a two year daughter so it wasn’t in the cards financially right now.

Any input would be appreciated. This might be a dumb question and the answer is probably buy a spec boxster,944, Miata or E30(in a few years) and keep the 535.
Appreciate 0