View Single Post
      09-01-2023, 01:18 AM   #32
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

Got it thank you. I get it now. The hoist just needs to be lower profile is the issue. Otherwise I like this thing a lot, hope it holds up ok.

Tonight I put the jack stands up to max height, and for sure I will not be raising the car that high. It would have to be done in 2 or 3 steps, lowering would suck. It will probably be hard to get the trans back on at that height. I'd rather just go to a normal height and leave it underneath, clean it and change the parts underneath.

A new idea is to drop the trans, shove it back a little bit somewhere just sitting on the hoist. Then support engine, lower subframe, extract engine up and out. Then, slide trans hoist forward into engine bay and extract with engine hoist.

I think for just doing the clutch I'd keep it underneath. There's a way to do get it out though... I was thinking tie a rope to it and raise the passenger side middle a bit with the floor jack and safety yank it out from the side.

Sorry to hijack your thread like this. Maybe it will help someone else without a two post lift.
Appreciate 0