Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicyB48 View Post
On the invoice one of the parts was billed at $320 when most BMW dealerships I found (that have online parts departments) sell it for $250.
My experience with dealers that have online shops is that they're usually pretty competitive with pricing (lower than normal).

I don't think you would get a discount by not having tattoos (sorry, just caught up with the thread comments). As a non-tattooed person, I don't think I ever thought a person with tattoos has money (quite the opposite)

One way to go about it is asking for a discount at the end (or even better, before the service gets done). Get an estimate for the service before it's done, say you are a BMW Club member or that you saw a competing dealer offer it for less, could they price match, etc. If you're pleasant, they'll work with you. It never hurts to discuss discounts if you think they're selling it for more.

But to answer your question with my personal opinion: no, I don't think they're charging you more because of your tattoos, and if you cover them up, they won't give you discounts. Build a relationship with them, be pleasant, ask for it. It'll happen.
Appreciate 0