View Single Post
      12-23-2023, 12:08 PM   #57
Scrapula
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

American perspective, here. I am pro EV. My i5 M60 will be our second. I rarely drive further than 30 miles in a day. Everything I need is nearby. I’m not in California, but Western Washington. We have hydroelectric power and use 0% coal. We also pay a carbon tax on gasoline, on top of state taxes. This summer, premium fuel for my Jaguar was approaching $6 per gallon. My electricity rate is 10.5 cents per kWh and that is dropping to 9.5 cents in 2024. We never experience brown outs. Water is plentiful in this area. This doesn’t mean that everyone should buy one, but it makes sense for me, as I will be retiring in 3 years and don’t want to worry about rising fuel costs.

Fossil fuels are finite and eco fuels are not anywhere near ready. I would rather save what we have for industries that need it. We need more rail and less trucks for transportation. I don’t see any local governments trying to institute electric rail for cross country shipping of goods. We have a long way to go and we absolutely still need ICE vehicles. My 19 year old is pretty irate at past generations destroying the earth. His entire age group is of this mindset. That said, he drives a Ford Probe GT with a stick, so all is not lost.
Appreciate 4
mrdudley356.50
apez683.00