View Single Post
      01-08-2024, 10:15 AM   #5
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
This is literally my situation. We surprised our daughter on her 6th birthday last November with a "letter from Mickey" inviting her to Disney World. We're now set to go in a few weeks at the end of the month. We've also been working with a Disney vacation planner this entire time.

Here's our itinerary:

Saturday: Fly-in, check-in at the Animal Kingdom Resort
Sunday: Animal Kingdom park
Monday: Epcot
Tuesday: Rest Day - may go check out Disney Springs
Wednesday: Magic Kingdom
Thursday: Hollywood Studios
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: Fly back home

As far as restaurants - make sure you make your reservations well in advance (I think you can begin reserving 2 months in advance). A few must-go restaurants for us were:

Cindarella's Royal Table at Magic Kingdom (my daughter is still very much into princesses)
Space 220 at Epcot (This just looks like a super cool experience)
Sci-Fi Dine-in at Hollywood (Another cool looking experience)

We've booked a few other sit-down places too just to get the full experience, but I'd say I'm most looking forward to those 3.

As far as the resort we're staying at - we picked Animal kingdom resort for a few reasons - 1) The themes in the resort looked pretty cool... 2) We were able to book a savannah view room which means our backyard view is a view of Giraffes and various animals grazing, something about that seems pretty cool... 3) The rooms seem to be bigger.

As for the parks - I've never been to Animal Kingdom, so if I had to only pick 3, I'd probably drop that one and go to the other 3, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios.

I have a spreadsheet with most of the different rides in each park and high vs. low priorities if you're interested - just let me know I can shoot that over to you.

Sounds like a great trip!

As an FYI, we've been going to DisneyWorld every year for 31 years. The only thing I might point out to you is that Epcot is not a great park for 6 year olds....it's more orientated to adults, and you will log the most steps in this park. For your 6 year old, Animal Kingdom might be more interesting...

For anyone thinking of bringing kids....they all get over-stimulated so if you want to have a "magical" trip, schedule downtime for them every day. This is a double edged sword - Disney is so expensive that most people can't imagine going back to the hotel for their young ones to nap - seems like a waste of money/tickets. But if you don't and the kid has a meltdown in the park, then the parent thinks "I spent this much money for this crap?"
Appreciate 2
wtwo318096.50