wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Sounds like a great trip!

As an FYI, we've been going to DisneyWorld every year for 31 years. The only thing I might point out to you is that Epcot is not a great park for 6 year olds....it's more orientated to adults, and you will log the most steps in this park. For your 6 year old, Animal Kingdom might be more interesting...

For anyone thinking of bringing kids....they all get over-stimulated so if you want to have a "magical" trip, schedule downtime for them every day. This is a double edged sword - Disney is so expensive that most people can't imagine going back to the hotel for their young ones to nap - seems like a waste of money/tickets. But if you don't and the kid has a meltdown in the park, then the parent thinks "I spent this much money for this crap?"
We're actually grappling with the downtime vs. powering through decision for our itinerary. You're right in that it's hard to imagine taking out 2-3 hour chunks of time out of our day to go back to the hotel for the little one to nap (we have a 20 month old as well) after having spent so much money. We're debating having him just nap in the stroller and we power through, or just going back to the hotel (if not all of us, then potentially me and my son go back while the wife and daughter continue on) and then we just join back up with them once he wakes up from his nap. I guess we'll see how the day progresses.

The other thing we have to keep in mind is that the night shows/fireworks are high priority (that's one of the things I remember enjoying from the couple of times I've been in the past), and many of those don't start until 8 or 9pm. So it ends up being a REALLY long day.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
BMWGUYinCO4141.50