View Single Post
      01-09-2024, 05:30 PM   #11
BimmerMan33
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3, 2014 BMW X5

BMW is a successful business today because it allowed itself to dilute the essence of “ultimate driving machine” in exchange to survive & thrive in the current market!
Many enthusiasts such as myself have been fans of the brand because of how the older BMWs used to drive.. that signature driving feel!!
Had BMW resisted to change with the times, they would have difficulty surviving in today’s market, let alone thriving!
I’m sad to see the direction in which BMWs & other car makers are headed in but I probably would have made similar decisions if in the shoes of BMW management!

BMW e46 & e92 base models with NA I6 motor & MT (325i) could be revved out everywhere & had a beautifully balanced chassis feel that could be exploited on a daily basis!

Side note:
Porsche has retained a few modes in their line up that still remain largely undiluted but have become too expensive for most people to experience!
981 base boxster/cayman with NA flat six & MT was affordable & you could rev it out on most streets & now you have to spend over $100,000 to get the NA motor!
Appreciate 3
EXE462104.50
Cos270608.50
LuckyBrand1454.50