View Single Post
      02-13-2024, 05:00 PM   #21
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaso26 View Post
...Also, while I received a great education, I would have never considered the college I attended if I did not choose to play lacrosse
Yeah, we've talked about and will continue to talk about the "Broken Leg" scenario, meaning you best go to a school you enjoy in the event you get hurt or quit the sport.

Luckily, women's D1 college volleyball, especially a non-Top 10 team, is not super crazy from a time commitment standpoint like some other college sports. The season is fairly short (early August to late October). The rest of the year is pretty lax in comparison per my discussions with the University of Kansas assistant head coach/recruiter who also coaches at my daughter's club.

Things are progressing very quickly now. She's completed recruiting questionnaires for her top 5 schools, sent intro letters to those coaches, and has received notice this week from a few 25 to 40 ranked D1 programs that they're coming to watch her this weekend at a national tournament. My wife and I are a bit taken back that this is already happening with her being 15. I'm very glad that we have a club director that has played college and professionally and coached in college plus me knowing a D1 assistant coach who is a straight shooter. I'd be completely lost otherwise.
F32Fleet3636.50