View Single Post
      02-16-2024, 12:25 PM   #37
Cytoplasm0671
Armchair Aristocrat
Rep
Drives: 340i 6MT

Car hit 50k on the odometer today. I clicked it into Sport mode right as it rolled over to celebrate:

Just want to take a moment to celebrate this amazing car. The 340i 6MT is truly one of the most enjoyable, most powerful, most versatile daily drivers ever made. I've driven these new self-driving battery-operated cars of the future. They're fun. But they're no match for the 340i. Taking that manual transmission, shifting it, and gassing the B58 in a tight turn is one of the best parts of my day. The exterior styling is much better than anything new. Every day when I leave my office and walk up to this vehicle I just shake my head with how beautiful it is.

I should mention that I fixed my trunk randomly opening throughout the day. Either the trunk would randomly open when I was walking around the car to gas it up (via the comfort access, which never properly works), or it would be randomly opened in my office parking lot when I would walk out to it (I assume via the remote button clicking throughout the day in my pocket). To fix: I fired up Bimmercode and reduced the seconds needed for remote button open by switching FEM_BODY (or FEM_01, I forget) --> RC_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID 00 -> FF to 32 (8 seconds). So I now I have to hold down the remote button for 8 seconds for the trunk to open, which I rare use anyways. Also I disabled comfort trunk access completely with FEM_BODY (or FEM_01, I forget) --> CAM_SMART_OPENER = nicht_aktiv. Trunk problems solved!

I do still plan on some additional upgrades going forward, but honestly it feels like I have somewhat maxed out what I want from this vehicle (see pg 1 for current upgrades). So I assume this build journal may slow down. Ah well. If you're reading this, just know that this car is zipping around West Michigan, full of power and glory.

PS: I may track this car in 2024! We'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo View Post
Did you ever flash back to Stage 2+ after installing FlexFuel? How were the logs?

edit: great thread btw.
Thanks! For the winter I flashed to MPPSK Stage 0+ because I am concerned the added pressure is rough on the engine in the frigid Michigan cold (I had a strange error code pop up). But in the summer I hope to renew my quest for Stage 2+. I have flashed it before, and the car truly roars with power. But the problem is, though my timings are quite low and manageable, I am still getting engine knock notifications in my logs. So the goal when the weather gets warmer and I put my summer tires back on is to get the tank at exactly E40 (seen via the flexfuel sensor), then flash the stock Bootmod3 E30 tune as recommended by others in this thread. The richer ethanol content can help to remove the knock. We'll see!

Last edited by Cytoplasm0671; 02-16-2024 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 2