nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Reporting in first?

Immense cinematography! XD sound was amazing. First half of movie was pretty true to book, second they deviated a bit. Probably as much time management as anything else.

Definitely will see again!

Part 3 in 2025?
I saw it last Friday in IMAX and Saturday in a normal theater. I absolutely loved it from start to finish. As a book reader I accept the deviations. None really irked me too much and some even made a lot of sense. Villeneuve was probably the best director to take such an ambitious project and pull it off. Not only is he a brilliant director, but you can tell that he cared a lot about the source material. I hope he gets to do Messiah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
People are raging about it (good for them), but I was underwhelmed for a whole bunch of different reasons-- not the least of which was that the costume designers were probably dropping acid throughout the entire film production.
That's interesting. I thought the costume design was great. It was certainly less ridiculous than Lynch's and not cheesy/cheap like the miniseries. Irulan's outfits were a bit much, but that's about it. To each their own though!

Last edited by nosbocaj; 03-05-2024 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0