Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Dorch Engineering makes great products and they have excellent customer support. I have dealt with many tech companies. No one has better engineering than Dorch. Their current B58 FlexFuel kit seems to be improved over their previous kit, with a better location and better plug and play.

FLEXFUEL CANBUS STANDARD
All CANBus FlexFuel sensors are standards based so they work the same way in how they send signals to the DME to indicate the ethanol percentage from zero to 100%. Most kits actually use a sensor made by Continental that has been in use for a long time on many makes of cars.

DORCH FLEXFUEL SENSOR KIT
Anyone can buy the Continental sensor. That’s not the issue. What Dorch did was to create a full plug-n-play kit that also connects the BMW fuel system and wiring seamlessly with the ethanol sensor. That takes significant engineering to do it right.

PROVEN ELECTRONICS
Another thing that I like about the Dorch FlexFuel Kit is that they partnered with Zeitronix on the electronics. Zeitronix has a very solid proven electronics platform that most of the tuning companies like Bootmod3 used to originally develop their FlexFuel tunes.

ADD AN ETHANOL DASH GUAGE
I personally like that the Zeitronix electronics has a port on it to plug a Zeitronix ethanol gauge into. I have a Zeitronix gauge on my dash that I got from Kies. That way I can tell my exact ethanol percentage that the DME is receiving at a glance. And the gauge is tucked to the left of the steering wheel where only I can see it. See photo.

DORCH FLEXFUEL ENGINEERING
Dorch adds their considerable expertise [...]
The bootmod3 kit doesn't hook up to the ekp anymore. It's a non issue.
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 1