johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 _gran_coupe_ View Post
That ethanol Guage is super cool. Can it be pinned out after the fact? I run the dorch flex fuel analyzer on my 440i. It ran flawlessly since installation but the Guage would be convenient
If you have the Dorch B58 FlexFuel Kit then take a close look at the electronics box that came with it from Zeitronix. On the side look for a phone type looking jack port.

If you have a voltmeter carefully check the pins individually when the ignition is on. The sensor uses +/- 5 volts to send send signals over CANBus. So I imagine that the voltage would be something similar at that gauge port. If you are getting a signal, then you should just be able to plug in a Zeitronix ethanol gauge. That’s what the port was intended for.

My Zeitronix ethanol dash gauge just plugged right in to my Zeitronix controller box which appears to be the same unit from Dorch. The wire from the gauge was just run to the left side of the steering column. The back of the gauge itself was installed flush with the dash with double sided non-marring tape (3M), like they use for wall hooks that can be easily removed later.

Here’s a link to where the gauge can be purchased from Zeitronix. I also attached a photo. Just scroll down the page to find that gauge. There are a few LED and bezel color choices. Red LEDs with a black bezel seems to match best.

https://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm#ECA
Attached Images

Appreciate 2