View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 04:34 PM   #1
Tim182
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F33 440i Vert (LCI) MPPSK

F33 - negative front camber repair

My F33 front left camber was diagnosed to be out by about 0'80, probably from hitting a pothole at some point during the last few years. I decided to ignore for a while and have been running the car like this for about 10,000 miles now, but there is good chance this actually happened much earlier so it may have been like this for 20,000 miles with a total of 42,000 on the clock.

There has been no obvious increased wear on the tyres and I am still running the original fronts, just swapping them across once a year. The car pulls ever so slightly to the left on the highway with the steering untouched, but otherwise it is barely noticeable.

I know the F3X camber cannot be adjusted, and it might be due to a slight bend in the control arm. Car is due a major service and front discs and pads, so am considering getting this looked at by a decent indy at the same time.

To avoid getting ripped off, how much will I be looked at to get it fixed (UK), and what is the most likely cause / repair? Control arm? Anything else that's common?

Values from the alignment are as follows:

Left / Right
Camber: -1'12 / -0'32
Caster: 6'30 / 6'27
Toe: 0'08 / 0'10
Total toe: 0'18
Steer ahead: -0'01

TIA!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0