View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 04:16 PM   #69
Project_Rogue_Motorsport
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Track tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg6975 View Post
What ABS do you integrate? I've often wondered how far into racecar world we could go with the DME, DKG, and DSC modules. DSC always struck me as the biggest obstacle to true race car type systems with adjustable traction control and ABS.

I was just thinking the other day about how we could get a real braking system like the F82 GT4 integrated.

We have a secret ABS that we have used for the past few years that runs very competitively against modern race ABS’s for a fraction of the price, which is also switchable on the fly for track conditions and sensitivity control.

However, our current go to for the ultimate race ABS is the Bosch M5. Multi maps switchable on the fly for each driver and or weather conditions, allows for bias/ratio control, sensitivity control on the fly, fully programmable for the complete vehicle characteristics, I.e track, wheel base, wheel size, tyres, measured downforce etc, plus much more. Very expensive but probably the best on the market.

The MK60 is a good ABS, no doubt it has proved it worth since the early 2000’s but it is outdate by today’s standards, especially since vehicles have got much faster and the need for the ability to brake later in a controlled manner. The shift in technology now produces much more complex yet far more effective braking systems that the MK60 can no longer cope with or compete against.

Last edited by Project_Rogue_Motorsport; 04-12-2024 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
DRLane3996.00