View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 10:36 PM   #1
Karan335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i E90

I drive a 2011 335i xDrive with the 6 speed automatic transmission. I also have a XHP transmission tune for the past 30,000km

My cars at 180,000km and I’ve never changed the transmission fluid ever in my ownership since 130,000km (Not sure if the previous owners ever did it)

I’ve never had any transmission related issues however today I was driving in semi automatic for a while (pushing the car here and there) until the transmission just started feeling weird/clunky ish. No actual concerning noises just felt like somethings going on.

Right after that the car gets stuck in second gear and the transmission error light comes up on the screens. I was near my house so I drove it slowly in second gear and shut it off when I got home. Started it again 2 minutes later and it was back to normal shifting through all the gears good again.

I’m now looking to do a transmission fluid flush. A few questions

1. Is it necessary to change the actual transmission fluid pan when doing this service?

2. If anyone ever experienced something like this did it end up damaging the transmission or was it good after a transmission fluid flush?

3. How much should all materials usually cost and how much should labor for this service cost?

4. Could this problem be related to something else ?

Any input is appreciated, Thanks!
Appreciate 0