View Single Post
      04-20-2024, 03:00 PM   #6
Ennoch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

The biggest factor with your ride is the 20" bit, not the RFT bit.

I've never found Yokohama or Toyo to be any good up here in Scotland as an all rounder. Fine on dry tarmac but greasy or cold and they're very twitchy.

I've got 19" RFT PZ4's on the summer wheels and they're harsh but that's what you expect from a stupid sidewall size, and RFT. Going to 20 and I can't imagine I'd last a week without destroying a rim. That's by the by though. I would say the PZ4 is definitely a step forward from the OEM spec Bridgestone S001 RFT, but in staggered sizes they're definitely front limited during normal fast driving, and then when it's greasy the back end definitely likes to step out more. I'm running square winter setup with 245/45/18 Conti RFT winters and they're actually more predictable and balanced. As an all round staggered setup the Michelin PS4S felt the best, but the downside for me is that they're not RFT, and I still think the square setup is better balanced as you can get the car to rotate better.

If I were you I'd be looking at Michelin PS4S (they're allegedly in line for replacement but they'll still be great tyres and as good as when they were first released), Good Year Eagle F1's, or Conti Sport Contacts (or even Premium Contacts, they got great reviews a few years ago). They last well, they work well in dry and wet and ride well. Pretty much all the ticks. I've got enough spare sets of 403M's here that I'm actually planning to take a set of rears and fit them with 4x 245/40/19 PS4S; good traction, good balance and a better ride, plus of course more sidewall for the shite rural roads up here.
Appreciate 0