View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 04:54 PM   #58
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_macc View Post
Hey, sorry for bumping an old thread but I can’t seem to pressure test my F30 for the life of me. When I go from the turbo inlet the CCV Breather hose seems to let out air. When cap that hose off and the CP 8AT vacuum line, it still lets out air from the other side of the vacuum line that goes into the intake. I heard somewhere that the vacuum line that goes into the CP for 8AT transmission has some kind of valve in it that’s supposed to get close after a few seconds.

Either way I read your thread about changing o rings to one size up and I think I’m just gonna have to do that. Either that or my VRSF charge pipe silicone coupler isn’t on right. I heard these have to be put on a certain way for it to not leak.

Do you recommend oem O rings for fmic which are tapered or overalsized o rings or 4mm standard o rings?
I recommend the largest oring you can fit. If you do what i did, you start with the highest and test fit until one works. In some cases i shaved down the larger to make it fit better than the smaller (i.e., shaving a 4.5mm to a 4.25mm to get better fit than 4mm). I doubt you will need bigger than 4mm but just order a variety of sizes/thickness since they are so cheap and you can get them all shipped together for one price.

After i changed my IC from the 5'' to the race i was able to use a smaller oring so i am positive that my 5'' was out of spec casing the leak.

As far as the coupler, the most important thing is that the hose clamps are fully over the bead on both the top and bottom halves, and tight.
Appreciate 0