View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 08:59 PM   #4
nevaland9
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathall1 View Post
You have any experience with the Ohlins R&T? Trying to decide between these the Ohlins, and I'm torn.
Ive driven on both. the R/T is def a great street coilover but i still feel the full stiff of the R/T isnt as stiff as the B16s and comfort mode is a bit more comfortable than the R/Ts. I attribute a lot of the B16s comfort to the progressive springs they come with, you kind of get the best of both worlds. Plus having the ability to change the dampening with a button is truly amazing. Even a brand new E9x comp EDC feels like a small change in tire pressure in comparison to the B16s dampening modes.

I really tried my hardest to find a replacement set of coilovers that retained EDC but it seems Tractive stopped making the E9X kit, ive heard mixed reviews about KW DDC (if its even still available) and Nitron has EDC coilovers in the works but they wont be out for a while.

If the B16s had a little more height adjustment (shock travel mainly) and could run linear springs easily, i would 1000% keep them. I was originally planning on swapping to stiffer linear springs but i decided its prob smarter to just sell them and get proper track setup instead of swapping springs and potentially damaging the dampers.
Appreciate 1
a5m623.50