View Single Post
      05-03-2024, 06:27 PM   #39
rbhjr01462
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, X3

I'm fortunate to enjoy both right now

I have a Macan Base and an X3 (recently acquired G01, traded in F25). So, I've spent a lot of time in each under different situations and conditions, years and 25-40K miles in each. I should also state that I am in my upper 50's so 0-60 in 3sec or less is not that important to me.

Macan drivetrain seems a bit more responsive than the X3's. Macan handling is definitely more agile/responsive. Macan just feels more "nimble" than X3.

Both have great cabin ergonomics, interior fit and finish in the Macan and X3 seems comparable. Slight edge to Macan since I find the seats in Macan to be a bit more comfortable (to me) than the F25/G01 seats.

Exterior is subjective, both are sharp looking cars - the G01 more so than the F25 and the Macan has that distinctive Porsche DNA in its styling. Panel fit, paint finish, etc seem to be similar - don't think one is much better than the other.

X3 cabin is more spacious, as others have noted if you have baby car seats or travel with people in rear, they will be more comfortable in the X3.
I do find in the Macan you sit more 'into' the cabin -more like sitting in a sports car. In the X3 you are more sitting up - which my wife and daughter prefer to have that more 'commanding position' view of the road and taller glass of the side windows.

The Macan is not as much of an Audi as some here claim -sure a lot of the underpinning are Q5, but if you drive a Macan and Q5 (which I have) there is a big difference between the two vehicles.

If you do not do any work on cars yourself and rely on dealership to change oil and other minor services it will cost more for the Macan; oil change and some minor inspections was quoted over $450 IIRC - but if your are a DIYer and can do most of those basics, parts on FCP are pretty similar for Macan and X3.

As much as I like the X3, if someone made me choose, I would go with the Macan. However, if you have a family then the X3 is really more practical and a great choice too.
Appreciate 1
Llarry16803.00