View Single Post
      05-08-2024, 09:42 AM   #7
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Much appreciated, but that sounds too advanced for me. You seem very dedicated and a good baker.

EDIT: actually, you know, what? I'm curious and want to take this challenge. Please DM me. Tx!
I tried to explain it as easy as possible Let me know if you have any questions:

Sara’s Sourdough Recipe

125 grams active starter room temp (peak rise)
500 grams King Arthur bread flour
10 grams Kosher salt
325 grams filtered water room temp

1. Feed room temperature starter 2-4 hours prior to the start of creating dough. At peak rise, begin step 2.
2. Pour starter and water into large bowl. Mix together with silicon spatula.
3. Add flour. Mix by hand or with a kitchen aid mixer on setting speed 2 until fully mixed. Cover with shower cap and rest for 30 minutes.
4. Add salt.
5. Stretch and fold dough. Cover with shower cap and rest for 30 minutes.
6. Stretch and fold dough. Cover with shower cap and bulk ferment at warm room temperature for 5-7 hours depending on your kitchen temperature, less time for hotter rooms, longer time for cooler kitchens. The dough is ready when it has doubled in size and is bubbly.
7. Flour a large wooden cutting board, pull dough out of bowl (dough will be very sticky) and shape tightly into a ball on the wooden board. I like to put flour on my hands and sprinkle it on top of the dough so it’s easier to shape.
8. Using parchment paper, pick up dough and center onto parchment paper. Gently place the dough and parchment paper into linen lined shaping bowl (I use a 9 inch banneton.) The parchment paper keeps your bowl cover clean. Cover with tea-towel and rest for 1 hour.
9. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees with dutch oven inside 15 minutes prior to baking.
10. Pull out hot dutch oven, transfer dough with the parchment paper and place inside dutch oven. Cover with lid and bake 20 minutes.
11. Pull out of oven. Take off dutch oven lid. Place dutch oven back into oven and reduce heat to 425. Bake additional 15-20 minutes. Check every few minutes with oven light to make sure the top of your loaf isn’t turning too brown. If you see it getting really dark on top reduce the heat down to 400.
12. Take out of oven. Check internal temperature. Ensure reading is 205-210 degrees. Transfer to cooling rack and wait 2 hours before cutting. The bread will continue to cook inside while on the cooling rack.
Appreciate 2
Lady Jane72114.00