View Single Post
      12-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 coupe

>>>EAS/V710 Matt Black Review<<< **Pics!!**

Back in Nov I took advantage of the Free shipping EAS had on the "New" V710 wheels for the M3. COncidering the P40's cost $4500 (my price) to the $999 of the V710 with the only savings of a 1 or 1.5 per wheel it was a no brainer..
I wanted a great looking street wheel I could cruise around and look good with out losing too much performance.
EAS (Tom) took care of me from the get go and took my order on a Sunday, and aranged for my wheels and tires to arrive at the prescribed date I request, in addition to the wheels was the request of out of ordinary in stock tire sizes that I wanted. All was good!!
Wheels came in and I was so excited I threw them on and went for a test drive, when I returned I was soo disappointed to see the rear tires where 285/30/19 INSTEAD of the 285/35/19 I wanted... I was so bumbed but it was my fault for not checking and jumping the gun before driving on them. Oh well I am stuck with them becuase I put miles on them.... I PM Tom and told him the deal, and to my surprise he said "I will send you the right set ASAP" even after knowing I had used the tires already.. WOW! Talk about making it right!!
My Father owns a "Big O Tires" in reialto CA, and replacing tires that are used just doesn't happen. EAS has my business as long as I own the car.. Thanks again Tom for the "standard" in customer service..

Stock 18" with PS2
Front 47lbs
Rear 51lbs

19" V710 with 255/35 and 285/30
Front 51lbs
Rear 56lbs

These are the weighted on a home scale I have..

Performance

Handaling performance is up a bit due to the wider tires and the +.5 neg camber I had the dealership dial in in addition to the stock camber specs.

straight line performance has suffered just a bit due to the additional rotational mass, but it was expected. The car handles better than stock now with the camber adjustment, overall it was worth the money spent for the entire package.... Now I can put some Mickey Thompson Drag radials on my 18"

Pics!!

Yeah I know the pics suck! No I did not step on any graves to take the pics..

Last edited by eagletangogreen; 12-21-2008 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 0