03-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #22
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkishexpress View Post
If they tried to hook up to the dme while the piggyback was still on it will definitely cause some issues. I'm surprised they were even able to hook up without any issues. Man all you needed was a 8'' socket and a needle nose screwdriver to uninstall it in less than 20 minutes.
Yeah hindsight's 20/20. However, it was the middle of my work day, I had clients waiting on me, and I couldn't leave it sitting on the highway. Other things took priority in the heat of the moment. I should have been better prepared, though, as it's been showing signs of clunking out for a few weeks now. I have a JB+ just sitting here at home. As soon as I got it out of the body shop, I was going to take out the 3 and put in the PLUS. All I needed to do was get home.

Oh well. I guess it's the price we pay for doing what we do. It still just doesn't seem right, since we know it's a shitty part to begin with.

And I wonder how that will work? Will the replacement be warrantied?
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0