09-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #71
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Not in front of the engine right? you're going to pipe it down below it...
i don't know this detail yet, but i'd imagine Shawn is going to fab a dump pipe so that the wastegate isn't just dumping hot air between the back of the radiator and the front of the block. but i'm not 100% sure he has the room as of yet, so don't quote me...i'm sure he's got something planned for it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
And the anti surge wont do anything if the BOV dies it's for real surge, you'll lose some efficiency from it which is why I asked since that engine shouldn't be surging a pt62 with that ar.
i guess i misunderstood you the first time around. i'll have to get Brian or Shawn to answer this one, as i'm not quite sure why they went with an anti surge. what i CAN tell you is that this turbo isn't going to see boost levels high enough to put it out of its efficiency range while the engine is still running stock internals. i don't remeber what Brian said exactly, but i believe once Nick G's custom tune is in place, max boost will be around 20psi. and by the time the motor gets built, he'll be switching to a bigger turbo anyways. either way, they shouldn't have any problems reaching the goals they've set for this setup.