United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWtE92 View Post
My car is at 36K miles, so I scheduled an appointment and took my car in to the dealer this morning to have them do the spark plug change. I was denied. The SA showed me a service bulletin that stated that the spark plug change should be done along with the 3rd CBS scheduled oil change, not based on mileage. He said he would love to do the change, but if they went ahead, BMW would not pay them.

Kind of pissed because I wasted my morning taking the car in - wish they would have checked that when I made my appointment. In any case, looks like the suggested mileage for the spark plug change stated in the manual is no longer accurate.

By the way, if there hasn't been a study done yet, someone should really do one on whether scheduling maintenance through the CBS system is actually good for the cars in the long-run. For example, 15000 miles between oil changes just doesn't seem right....
I wouldn't care if I leased my car, but I bought this one and plan to keep it for a while.
I emailed the service and warranty pdf to the service advisor and told them to read page 6 which specifically states
 Spark Plug Service (not shown in CBS):
Replace at 37,000 miles.

They are replacing my spark plugs as we speak. I am also getting the campaign 0028010100 which might be the DCT reprograming .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0