View Single Post
      07-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #42
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
First of all, the Cayman has 2 trunks and they provide a lot of space.

Sorry, but the 1M doesnt handle or feel anywhere close to the way a Porsche or Lotus feels. Other than the Evora S (driven the evora), I have driven all of them, and the 1M cannto touch the feel or precision the other two cars have, not can it match the sound or character of them. And yes, the Cayman R is a good amount faster around the track. All the evidence points to the fact that the Cayman R is significantly faster than the 1M.

Why is the cayman R ~2 seconds faster on Hockenheim than the 1M if they 'arent that much quicker'? 2 seconds on a short lap like that is absolutely embarassing the 1M. The Cayman R Ive heard did 7:57 on the ring where the 1M is 8:15, again not even close.

Its ok if you cant afford a Cayman R or Lotus (or whether you like the look or not), but your arguement of 'they look girly' is about as piss poor as you can get. The 1M is straight up ugly (AND looks like a chicks car) compared to the Cayman R or Lotus.

It sounds like youre more of a straight line speed guy than a track/handling/precision guy, but take your future 1M to a track for a 30 min session down there in the hot, humid florida weather and tell me how long you go before you go into limp mode or start losing power due to overheating.

sorry but i have watched all the comparison of 1m vs cayman r, the 1m makes the cayman r look even more girly.
Appreciate 0