05-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #62
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
FYI - The Modern day equivalent of the E31 is the F13 6er.

This is something entirely new for BMW... In essence it shows potential roots for a new family in the upper segment abandoned when the economic crisis killed off the CS Concept .
BMW have always , since the CS Concept wanted to envision a new family that would connect the brand to Rolls-Royce.

A new luxury family is being developed in Munich which will enhance the vision of this concept in its surfacing and intricate detailing beginning with the next BMW 7er which in essence Gran Lusso provides a window to that car.

The new family under conception in Munich will mimic the 6er in offering Coupe , Cabrio and Gran Coupe aswell as a more luxurious X7 model.
I'm hoping this new family will be a new take on the 8 series; something big, comfortable, and supremely luxurious to compete with the Mercedes CL (or S Class Coupe) so the next 6 series can become a little more sporty. I love the way the 6 series looks but it's too big and soft for me to consider it a sports car at all which means that BMW is missing something in the 911/SL price range that can really compete with those cars' driving dynamics.
Appreciate 0