09-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #593
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
The iron increases that have been reported on this forum and that I have reviewed are very minimal and fall within normals specs of wear, so the relevance of this is unknown at this point.

Oil consumption in some cases has actually decreased following the switch (for example, my car).

For clarity, I have no reason to say Mobil 1 0w40 is better or worse, I'm just becoming somewhat frustrated at assumptions and "guesses" by members here becoming repeated as fact. The fear mongering is worse than some popular news channels

Facts: Unknown relevance of (at this point) insignificant iron level increases. More follow-up reports are needed before conclusions can be drawn.
Secondly, oil consumption is not necessarily related to oil weight. Often there is an increase in consumption after switching oil weights, but this settles after the second change.
To be honest , personal I think no one can give us a miracle ...
With M1 we saw also failures , so who knows if it's better ?
If BMW was able to design the perfect bearing for our S65 I think the last builts of 2013 were ok , but sadly we saw also failures of end 2013 !
They knew it...they saw it often ! So personal I think there was no solution...and still not ,2-3 years of development and testing and 7 years in production makes a total of about "10 years" !?!?
That's why i'm thinking it's a mounting problem from out of the factory ,the more because I saw on here a built of 2008 with 154,158 Miles on it ,that's 248.086 km !
And this S65 has exactly the same bearings as ours from out of the factory and was running with 10W60 , so where is the difference ?
Better would be if this thread not existed ...what would say that we had good bearings !
But thanks to BMW this thread exists !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 09-22-2014 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0