Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
the balut tastes like warm soup. ...
OK...TY. I appreciate the insight.

Reading that, however, it still makes me wonder given it tastes like warm soup, why couldn't the loon who first opened a duck egg and found a half-formed duck in it (and f*cking ate it ) not just say to him-/herself: "Wow, this is pretty gross looking and it tastes like duck soup. I think I'll just keep this to myself and next time just hide out in these bushes and catch the duck or the drake when it returns to the nest. That way, I can have some meat and use the carcass to make soup afterward." ???

And if the soup it tastes like doesn't resemble an animal-based soup, then WTF not get some water and whatever veggies one needs and make vegetable soup? There's no way in Hell anyone can convince me it's easier to find a nest of half-formed duck embryos than it is to find a god damned bunch of plants!!!

I get that there can be dire circumstances that call for extreme, potentially disgusting, solutions. But that doesn't mean you need to do it again. I was laughing once at a picnic and a fly flew straight into my mouth and it so happened I swallowed it, and no, it didn't taste bad. But when I kill a fly, I don't pop it in my mouth either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0