View Single Post
      03-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #42
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
base bare bones macan is 50kusd. a msport 35i is 48kusd. i sat in both at the latest autoshow, and the macan feels much smaller because its so low. also, they had a macan s on display, and once you add panroof, 20" wheels, nicer interior trim, the car jumps to 70k very fast.

i love the macan, but i would quicker get a loaded bmw than a base macan. my dad is actually looking at one since he is downsizing from his cayenne s and doesn't need the space. regardless, the macan isnt even an option for the OP because they are just coming out and nowhere near his price range.
Sat in the Macan two weeks as well, Turbo version. It was right next to a Cayenne. I was surprised how big the Macan was. It didn't even look much smaller than the Cayenne. With comparable options (Navi, pcm/idrive, heated seats, sat radio, 19's, upgraded stereo, msport/sportchrono, etc.) the difference is less than $3k. Sure you can option any Porsche through the moon, a Cayman S can get over $100k. Reality is a optioned equally the M-sport 35i and Macan S are not far apart. I think Porsche did this on purpose and are going to sell an enormous amount of Macans.
Appreciate 0