View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #1204
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Anyone that has ever driven both the Toyobaru and the S2000 hard, and I mean real HARD and not only cruising along some canyon roads , do know one thing for sure... the following quote is utter (min 17:33):

Quote:
they [RX-8 and S2000] have better weight distribution so they are a bit more predictable

While the RX-8 is indeed VERY predictable the S2000 is NOT, actually when driven hard is FAR from being predictable, you really need to be a good driver to master a stock S2000, specially the AP1 version, because it's very easy to go into snap oversteer. Did they even switch off the electronic stability control on this comparo since it's the S2000's AP2 version (the AP1 didn't even has such thing)?!

Anyway, those guys don't mind to be wrong so... a stock S2000 is not predictable, the RX-8 is VERY predictable and the Toyobaru's 'middle name' is PREDICTABILLITY - better than any of the others in this regard AND better than anything else I know of, actually it is its BEST trait and why I love it so much!

This other guy is also saying that the Golf GTI is a better car and the BMW E30 M3 is better still despite the slower lap time compared to the Toyobaru's. So, the Golf GTI is better because is faster but the E30 M3 is even better because of the handling BUT, on the other hand, the Toyobaru which is faster than the E30 M3 and has better handling than the Golf GTI and its handling is at least on pair with the M3 E30, if not better, isn't the best driver's car of the three... give me a break here!!!!

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 05-10-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0