View Single Post
      03-08-2022, 08:06 AM   #48
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
It would give them a head start on cycling thru anyway. Maybe give us a few more laps of green flag racing
This is only important if the sc situation is on the end of a race.
And it's a potetial safety hazard if lots of cars have to come from behind, that could take quite some time with the risk entering the danger zone.

I wonder if they will elaborate on the rules in such a detail that it says: "in a sc situation xx laps prior to the end of the race fasten the cycling of the lapped cars"

Really, in the situation of abu dabi GP there is no real ideal scenario:
- call for a red flag is not at hand, the safety situation does not validate to suspend the race.
- finishing a deciding race under sc situation is not ideal, also not for the 2022 GP situation where Sainz and Norris will battle eachother for the win till last race...
- not cycling all the lapped cars in a sc situation is not following the rules and limits lower places that do not battle for the win.

So, being the only 3 possibilities the ones above, I'm not sure Masi picked the wrong one...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61216.50