09-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #68
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmaxima View Post
Hey Montreal red... let me ask you a few questions.

What made you buy your M3? Why did you choose to buy an m3 over say an Audi or Merc or any other performance marques available in Canada? Did you research extensively about the M3 or the other cars you currently own or used to own?

Perhaps you are a hardcore BMW fan and would not consider any offerings by other marques....or that you've lusted the M3 and had a poster of an M3 hanging on your bedroom wall since young.

Whatever the reasons maybe, I am sure you would have done extensive research prior to heading down to the showroom to purchase a vehicle. Rev limit, weight, petrol tank capacity, engine displacement, options, material used in the engine, performance etc

Going into a dealership armed with an encyclopedia worth of knowledge of your dream car.... do you expect that the sales person to trump your knowledge with even more information?

The plethora of car reviews globally choosing / endorsing the m3 over other performance rivals already helps sell the car and creates an iconic brand awareness.

I have met sales persons from other marques who have recited specs of cars they were selling both perfectly and wrongly. However I do not chide them for misquoting information even if the spec sheets are hung from the driver's side window at the showroom and I can read them.

You've gotta admit, sex sells...especially putting a pretty face (female sales executive) to sell the product. Did you try walking into other high end car showrooms while you were in Singapore? What were the experiences / impressions you got? Please comment?

I think the part where you scored a test drive, eventhough I think you did NOT have the PROPER papers PLUS seeing the dealership personally is already a dream come true.

Personally, I think the conversation piece of the showroom is their impeccably spotless service center specially dedicated to servicing M cars. I've been told the service center is wiped down 3 times daily....
i agree that most car enthusiasts would know more about the cars that they want to buy compared to the average sales person. but its nice when dealerships have sales people that know what they are selling. this is not uncommon in many dealerships in asia and in north america.

by the way, i met melvin goh form the lambo dealership thats a few doors down from the M dealership while i was there and i have to say it was a world of difference. he knew what he was selling and he was passionate about the vehicle. he was definitely very involved with the ongoings of the brand in general.

i just think the management of the M dealership needs to train their staff more. oh and the reason why their service floor is so clean is because there arent any cars being worked on! there werent any techs at the dealership while i was there and cars were just parked in the spots and not moving. they also seem to be dealership cars because they werent plated.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0