View Single Post
      09-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #9
philbert
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Poorly worded and incorrect? The 335i had a car length from 20-130 MPH on an e60 m5 in p500 mode with upgraded exhaust and removed char filter.... When the 335i hit the 155 mph limiter the M5 would pull ahead by 1-1.5 CL. The guys who raced are good friends- and 3 runs and the man's word is proof enough for me.
I don't see how that is incorrect given the criteria of engine mods- there aren't any big hardware changes albeit the down pipe, exhaust, and FMIC; the rest is ECU tuning. Once people start upgrading turbos and suspension you should damn well be able to suspect similar handling to the M3 and a ton more HP.
I remember reading an interview of a BMW engineer speaking about how BMW could have easily added a good deal of more HP but didn't so the car could retain that "BMW feel."
If your leasing cars then all of this is irrelevant- speaking from a buying stand point here. That 335i has no more than 7k worth in mods, putting it at lets say around 51- still considerably lower than what we could expect from the M3- 62-65k msrp
Appreciate 0