05-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
The guy is 140 and 5 foot 10. Clearly doesn't lift very much. Granted he may be a runner but that still validates my point that he clearly does not have much of a bodybuilding background. I agree that there is no problem with "emphasizing" a certain body part but you cannot cut it out completely. Your back and shoulders are two massive muscle groups. No way coming from a powerlifting experience can you think that dropping them out is sufficient. Doing so will almost 100% lead to problems.
I said that there is nothign wrong with working out certain muscle groups harder than others not eliminating muscle groups entirely.

Not everyone wants to be 5'10" 200+ pounds of solid muscle. As someone who is 5'10" 200 pounds it gets very old trying to find an off-the-rack 46r suit that fits my thighs (27-28") and my waist (34"). The older I get, the more I concern myself with increasing my overall health rather than muscle mass.

Again, your advice wasn't incorrect, but it's not always the best approach for everyone.
Appreciate 0