03-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
I know what you mean. Do you ever leave the gym replaying the scenario in your head thinking if you had trapped this arm, passed this leg, shifted your base, etc. then you would've done better? I do that sometimes haha.

I remember when I first began training I was getting tapped fairly regularly because not only was I training with the experienced white belts, but because I was impatient. As they say, "position before submission." It helped when I got submitted by someone, I'd ask them after class to show me how they set it up, so that way I learned how to attack someone else with the same moves, and also to defend it in the future since I recognized what they were doing. I don't see tapping during training as a bad thing since it's a learning experience (unless you tap to the same move every time haha), but it definitely feels good to submit someone else.

If you're ever around the NYC area, drop a line if you need a training partner, or if you want to check out Renzo's academy.

Yesterday I had a Gi class. As expected, I do a lot better in Gi classes. Makes me want to wear my Gi everywhere.

Tapped a guy with a kimora from guard. Next fight hung in the whole 6 minutes with a Blue belt. Didn't tap him, but neither did he...

My mentality yesterday was, "w/e happens, happens", which actually made it easier for me to set up and attack. Where as there are time that I over think what I am about to do, so while I'm reaching to get my hooks in, the other dude was completely setting me up for something else.

One thing I want to say again is that, I went into this club 225lbs of bulk muscle, always being a gymrat and outweighing a lot of the other members, and left that same day a very very humble man...
Appreciate 0