View Single Post
      02-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #132
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
How is the A4 better than the 3 series I hear you ask?

Well I am of the opinion that their interior and exterior design is superior, as is the interior space. I also believe that in either fwd or awd form they are easier to predict the grip available and in turn easier to control because of this. Now this has nothing to do with better dynamics or entertainment which I agree the 3 series is better.

Now the next M6 vs R8v10

A better engine? Yes but that will always be my answer when it's FI vs N/A.

Better efficiency and economy? Read above for the same reasons.

More practical and comfortable? Yes on practicality but I wouldn't wholeheartedly agree about comfort because the R8 is exceptionally comfortable considering the handling available.

Close on performance? We will have to wait and see on this one but I reckon in all acceleration related disciplines it will out perform the R8 but I doubt on a handling front it will be better or even close considering the R8v10 laps the N-ring the best part of half a minute quicker than the current one.

Cheaper in price? 100% in agreement there, after all one is a big coupe and the other a proper supercar in every single way.

Regarding the X3 vs Q5, having almost bought an X3 for the wife twice I do know that it's a good motor but as with every X model that BMW have produced they all handle exceptionally well but at the expense of a decent ride. Why this should be considering how well their normal cars behave is a real head scratcher but the fact remains that they all ride awfully which is jarring and bouncy. Compared to the Q5 which handles even better than the X3 yet is both composed and comfortable shows how much of an improvement it is and as I know from first hand experience that the X6 and X1 (BMW most recent SUVs) still can't perform the task of decent handling and ride together so I personally have little faith that the next X3 will improve on this front even though I know it will probably wipe the floor with all other in the handling department.

In my opinion the M3 is BMW's greatest ever achievement, it out performs all others in it's class at just about everything but just because the M3 is capable of doing this does not mean that the rest are just as capable or that the competition isn't even stiffier. The fact remains that in the small SUV class the Q5 is better and that the S4 is better than the 335i, whether this continues is up for debate.
The 3 series for that matter. What does every car company in the world compare them selve to when they are making a sports sedan?
Appreciate 0