View Single Post
      09-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
They picked the C4S because it won this years BEST DRIVER'S CAR comparo.

Ferrari didnt supply a car for that and neither did Chevy, so basically MT said, heres the winner vs the F12 and Vette, lets see what would have happened has Ferrari and Chevy sent cars. And to no surprise they still both lost. The 991 C2S also would have won since it is a little bit sharper than a C4S but either way Porsche is the winner.

I do think in this case, money is a determining factor. But the fact that an AWD non GT 911 is a better driving car than a 500K Ferrari says a lot about the 991 platform.

Again, the C4S won best drivers car so they wanted to see how the F12 and Vette would have faired if they were available at the time.

And yes, RWD is always going to be more rewarding than AWD, except in this case AWD was better than the RWD cars it faced in best drivers car and this comparo.
Personally I don't think the C7 and C4S should be competing against the F12 and it has nothing to do with price. The F12 is a GT car, certain compromises in handling and such have been made in the pursuit of creating a more comfortable cruising type vehicle. This is even stated during the test itself. The 458 is a more direct competitor to either of these cars.

G05 X5 m50i Mineral White / Tartufo

Porsche Taycan Turbo Carrara White / Limestone Beige
Appreciate 0