Thread: bmw vs audi
View Single Post
      06-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

having owned the new A6 and S5 they have been flawless, some here may be talking about the old Audi 2004 and later, the new Audi is a totally different animal. everything is built better, I’ve owned a 2002 A6 and it was a nightmare, the 2006 and newer have been very good cars. so far I’ve logged 116000 miles on my 2006 Audi A6 as I use it for business and drive all over the country and it has never left me stranded, everything works as it should and all I have had to do is take it in for normal fluid changes.

my bmw Z4 on the other hand has had to require almost 15 thousand in warranty work alone. a new head, convertible roof motor and inner liner, cup holder, transmission pan, wheel bearing and gas cap lock actuator.

I still love my BMW and the drive is great, but it’s had its issues, I will be honest and tell you both are great car companies and make great cars, car built today are very different than where they were just 5 years ago. and the problems are very rare in either, I had a special case with my BMW but since I own both I feel I can give you an honest answer.

I love my Audi's as I love my BMW's you will however notice a difference in handling as Audi is 4 wheel drive and BMW are mostly rear wheel so there is a difference in feel but both will do fine depends on what you like, the Audi will handle Excellent in the winter.

as an auto designer myself I do feel Audi is the leading entity in Design overall, but design is subjective so people will argue the point. as far as interiors go, Audi hands down for the win, just better materials and craftsmanship.
Appreciate 0