View Single Post
      10-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #30
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

C level executives are not the typical employee.

They have contracts which may spell out their exit strategy and replacing a CEO is not the same as replacing a Director of Whatever. Yes, most states are "right to work" states, but that does not preclude contracts from stating that if X notice is not given, then Y severance is not to be paid.

Often times a CEO may even be ousted by the board to, err, "voluntarily resign" usually many months down the line.

I can see an SVP giving more than a two week notice.

But director level? Directors are a dime a dozen. It's a step above Manager or Sr. Manager. I've seen a director ousted at the drop of a hat.

3-5 month notice for a director is crazy.

That all being said, it all depends on one's relationship with their employer and their position within the corporate structure.

I stand by my statement that 2 weeks is sufficient for virtually anyone save C level execs and SVP's. In some companies VP might be part of that list also, but not necessarily.

This is all my opinion, because in reality I just operate an orange stand which I admittedly don't even own. We don't have a corporate structure. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once in 2004.
Appreciate 0