10-28-2014, 11:40 PM   #32
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ray View Post
So what is the source of this lovely information?

Whatever the Board of Directors want? What are they going to do, chain you to your desk

2 weeks folks, 2 weeks.
2weeks notice on Top executive position would bring very nice result on the next trading day on a wall street.
Why do you think they talk with their team, and bod before they resign?
10-12% decline in mkt cap would be nice. classy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
C level executives are not the typical employee.

They have contracts which may spell out their exit strategy and replacing a CEO is not the same as replacing a Director of Whatever. Yes, most states are "right to work" states, but that does not preclude contracts from stating that if X notice is not given, then Y severance is not to be paid.

Often times a CEO may even be ousted by the board to, err, "voluntarily resign" usually many months down the line.

I can see an SVP giving more than a two week notice.

But director level? Directors are a dime a dozen. It's a step above Manager or Sr. Manager. I've seen a director ousted at the drop of a hat.

3-5 month notice for a director is crazy.

That all being said, it all depends on one's relationship with their employer and their position within the corporate structure.

I stand by my statement that 2 weeks is sufficient for virtually anyone save C level execs and SVP's. In some companies VP might be part of that list also, but not necessarily.

This is all my opinion, because in reality I just operate an orange stand which I admittedly don't even own. We don't have a corporate structure. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once in 2004.
I agree ^