07-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yes I was in ernest about what I said. But by your defenition I won't probably ever quit. I take breaks would be what I do according to you. I'm fully aware of the ramifications of tobacco and am a life long athlete. I also am in health care and should know better, but I guess I have a risk taker mentality. I chew, gamble, drink, race cars, powerlift, and compete in a lot of sports. I feel like I need several outlets for my energies. Chewing goes and something else will have to take over!
I can relate. We each have to live our life our own way. No point in being unhappy living one's life someone else's way.

BTW, my definition of quitting is that of the ACS. I suspect their absolute-ism stance on quitting is why the success rate for doing it is so low. I don't know if there are statistics on the percentages of folks who take long breaks, with a further breakdown of the percentages by length of the break.

You are neither the only nor last person to try equating long breaks with quitting. Given the stigma accompanying smoking, it's no wonder folks want to bend the definition of what is really a very finite term.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0