09-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
Serious topic. How do you guys handle stress? I’m in finance. And anyone who works in finance knows that monthly closings are brutal! I put in 12 hour days with no lunch. I skip lunch because I honestly don’t have time for it. I barely have 2 minutes to use the restroom. It comes to the point where I’m physically and mentally exhausted. But what concerns me is I feel myself getting sick. My stomach is in knots! Finally when the day is over you would think that I can grab a beer and kick my feet up right? Nope! Now I have 4 hours of homework I need to help my son with, in addition to dealing with family issues and finance. It never ends.

How do you cope with it? Mental exercise, physical exercise? Alcohol only lasts so long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Re-application is key.

No, I'm an accountant as well...sometimes I get to your stage to. I used to much more, but after 10+ years in a Big 4 firm, I mellowed. Realized it was going to get done and every issue wasn't the end of the world.

Its a mindset change. Doesn't mean you slack off, but just take a breath. And put up your hand if you need help.

Still though, there are times when I still reach the old stress levels...and nothing I can do about it. Helps taking the dog for a long walk though.
It really sounded more like accounting than finance.
After reading the reply, I knew I was right.