Thread: Stress!
View Single Post
      09-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #19
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

You asked how "we" handle stress? Simple, I now just avoid the fuck out of it. The money isn't worth it. Not that I'm poor or anything as a result. I'm a wealthy motherfucker because I don't have to deal with all of that shit. That right there is worth more than money and I got that shit in my "bank account". Also: Marriage = Stress. So I'm not married. Kids = Stress. So I have none. My job sucked, so I found a new one.

I hate to sound like an asshole here, but change jobs...If it stresses you out that much, go find a job that doesn't stress you out so much or just stop taking it so seriously (take control of how you handle it like another poster already said). My past job really sucked. I was like you for the last year or so up until I changed jobs in July (I was hunting for a new job hard for 6 mos.), probably damn near could've made myself seriously, legitimately ill if I'd have stayed there. So you tried that already, can't control your job, and the stress it brings? Ok, I'll bite. Neither could I. I tried, too. I came to the realization that I tried to take control of the wrong thing. I couldn't control my environment there and how I handled it, no matter how hard I tried, but as good friends and my own parents point out to me I damn sure could change where I worked. So I did. I understand you have a kid...get him a math tutor. Obviously you make enough money, so get him someone who does know calculus and release the burden on someone else. Don't have the money you say? Sell that BMW to pay for it. Both of my parents were in that place with me and math. They didn't have the time and worked too much, so they sent me to a math tutor. I can't tell you how much they sacrificed (materially) for me.

The point is, you can control/change all of this. So do it.
Appreciate 0