02-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShuke View Post
have u been in one? not mean to sound like it was said with attitude...but my cousin had a few cayennes over the last couple years and the interior quality/fit and finish is still better than anything bmw has ever come out with and better than pretty much any other car maker. hand stitching on the dash, etc is all top notch, thus the price tags.
the only companies that will compare with porsches interiors are audi/lambo/ferrari etc. 997 interiors have always been praised for being amazing!
i think the color is what is making that pic not look so great. most grey interiors dont do a car justice...in person im sure its better and in another color would look even better yet again.
No offense taken. But yeah, I just went down to the local BMW/Porsche/VW dealer in my area to help my friend's parents pick out a Porsche. While she was back in the used section, we took a look at some of the new ones. I was thoroughly...mixed...for lack of a better word...in terms of how I felt about the interiors.

I'll just start with the 911Turbo. It was obviously made with high quality materials, and everything felt solid (especially the seats and shifter), but I thought that it looked waaay too overcrowded with buttons, and the design looked outdated or something. I personally don't like Porsche steering wheels - too thin and I don't like the shape.

Basically, I'm mostly annoyed by the design than the materials.

Btw, there was a Porsche Design Cayman S there...OMFG amazing!!!
Appreciate 0