Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
BMW just stated that Jan-sept 2021 production/sales rose by 18% from 2020… All BMW groups have reported increased sales in that period.
It's in the 3rd and 4th quarter that production has been/will be aversely affected. With sales down 12,2% for the 3rd quarter (but still up by 18% in total for the 1st-3rd quarter).

How is that even worse than what you have said with regards to massive production delays?

And in my previous posts the sources I linked to said that other German manufacturers had been much harder hit than BMW by the chip shortage.
Brother I am obviously doing a poor job of communicating so I will make this last post here and respectfully bow out. You can post all the reports from BMW want but it doesn’t change the fact that every single BMW dealer I’ve spoken to and gone to doesn’t have any cars to sell. There is thread after thread after thread on this very forum of people complaining about not getting their M3 when they were promised and being delayed by MONTHS!!! Including me. If that sounds normal and good to you then I don’t know what else to say. So thank you and like I said I’ll back out.
I don't say that people doesn't experience delays etc. Heck, that's even what BMW says…

But regardless, production has increased from 2020 (which was a year that was 7,2% down from 2019 btw).

BMW reported a sales increase of 19,2% in the Jan-Sept period of 2021 (despite the -12,2% decrease in July-Sept 3rd quarter).
See page 9 of BMW 3rd quarter report.

BMW also predicted a «solid increase» on deliveres for the automotive division for 2021 and did not adjust that prediction in their 3rd quarter report.
See page 26 of BMW 3rd quarter report.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...54853EN/505215
Attached Images

Appreciate 0