05-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahany View Post
I said that there is nothign wrong with working out certain muscle groups harder than others not eliminating muscle groups entirely.

Not everyone wants to be 5'10" 200+ pounds of solid muscle. As someone who is 5'10" 200 pounds it gets very old trying to find an off-the-rack 46r suit that fits my thighs (27-28") and my waist (34"). The older I get, the more I concern myself with increasing my overall health rather than muscle mass.

Again, your advice wasn't incorrect, but it's not always the best approach for everyone.
I believe that rather than the exercises, it is the intensity, rep, set and weight which represents someonese goals while they are in the gym. The basic exercises are all important and I believe that it would be unwise to skip any of them. However, I mentioned in my first post that starting out with the basic 3 sets of 10 is a good base line for anyone getting their feet wet in the gym. From there, you can then create a routine that is more focused upon your individual goals.

From the guy who steps in the gym for the first time to the intense athlete who may have a career focused upon weight lifting, I do not believe that it is wise for anyone to completely neglect a certain bodypart. Rather manipulate the way you work it.

I think we can both agree we have similar views but different ways of wording them!
Appreciate 0