08-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #131
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
The cradles can be had for about $200 USD (check ebay and other dealers). I believe they list at about $250

Now you may wish to save your pennies and get the "Ceramic Controls" at $650 or how about the Leather Dashboard at $1,200? ......

None of these "cost" what BMW charges for them. However, based on demand, number sold, inventory allocation, etc etc etc - the price goes up to what it is per BMW. The good news is we can choose to buy or not. So if the cradle is worth $200 to you - go for it! But it is not 400 EUD.
I have the leather. $20k cars do not have it and can't order it. But they handles iPhone integration a lot better, it seems.

I understand a new version of the adapter is to be released shortly that does marginally more, and it will be a lot more expensive to offer what $20k cars offer, perhaps.

My two disappointments with the car I took delivery of last week are incomplete delivery of tech promises (menu placeholders that do nothing) and that the dealer by mistake took my storage space away and had the factory install the spare kit. The latter is not BMWs fault.

From everything I've read my '14 x5 won't be compatible with CarPlay. Id love to hear otherwise.
Appreciate 0