01-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #148
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
That's the issue. You want this car.
The rest of market does not want. You cannot sustain a model on sales that register a handful.
Just like the vaunted BMWNA original plan, well, er NON-plan, for the E36 M3. All the marketing geniuses at BMWNA had the same opinion about the M3 back then that you are espousing now, perhaps even more against it even.

Since BMW has NEVER even bothered to bring such a car as I mentioned to the US market, it's total speculation on their part. Not once have they imported a hot wagon or 5-door with a 6MT, trick suspension, LSD, etc. If they put together something like an M135i ZHP in a 5-door configuration where ZHP equals LSD, sunroof optional, sports seats, M-sport+ suspension, etc, I seriously doubt they would have trouble selling every single one they import. That they haven't capitalized in the past 9 years on the huge goodwill attached to the ZHP moniker that exists in the USA marketplace tells you something about the current market planning operation...one major opportunity Max would not have left hanging dry.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0