08-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #17
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer
The hydraulic steering in the X1 is gone now. The loaner I got had the electric steering.

Nice car, but I don't get the point of it. If you want a car that handles well, get a sedan or hatch. If you want space, get an SUV. Where does the X1 fit? It handles not as well as a sedan and much less space than either an X3 or a 3 series. So who would buy this? The single guy with no friends who likes to go offroad by himself?
All but the sDrive retain HPS, they simply have variable assist as standard now. It's still hugely different from the EPS in the F3x, etc.

For our needs, we wanted a sedan or wagon with the N55. The F20 M135i would have probably been ideal for us, but of course we can't have that in the US. We didn't want a true SUV, so it was down to the F31 or the E84, and with the F31 not offering the N55 and feeling very large after a few test drives, it was an easy choice.

It fits our needs. It drives and feels enough like our previous E82 135i that the wife is happy and it offers tons more practicality while still being reasonably small, albeit fat and thirsty.
Appreciate 0