View Single Post
      10-17-2023, 06:36 AM   #235
rated_m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Can someone please explain why people are changing the filters? Also, people are mentioning that there really is no distinguishable differences in shifting from before vs. after. My other question is related to the fluids color. Does the fluid color change really affect the quality of the fluid? The fact that someone swapped black fluids out after 2k miles of just putting in fresh pink colored fluids indicates that it’s normal for it to change color. On engine oil it turns brown because that means it’s doing it’s job and it doesn’t necessarily mean that the oil needs to be changed because it’s the filter which is the main part that needs to be changed. It just seems like over kill especially when all these Blackstone results are coming back virtually the same. I understand gaskets being changed with fresh fluid due to leaks, but why not just leave everything else and save some money? Someone mentioned here that there is a fine line between preventive maintenance and wasting money. It seems like people are having problems by even changing these parts out like weird shifting as someone has mentioned here and another thread. I’m at 123k miles and the car shifts fine. I feel like I’ll just end up with the same Blackstone results like everybody else lol
Appreciate 1